Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Welcome Keenan Matthew!



I'm sorry this took so long.  We have really been enjoying Keenan and soaking him in these last few days.  But it is time for us to stop being selfish and share him with everyone.  His arrival was absolutely perfect and just as it was meant to be.  This would have been so difficult without Mario and my mom as a support team.  My mother arrived just in time, took over the care of the house and the sick children, and allowed me to focus on myself and Keenan.  I'm sure some would love to hear a long birth story and others would like the short and sweet version.  Bottom line is I was finally able to achieve the spontaneous non-rushed labor most of which took place at home...I even baked Isabel's birthday cake as I contemplated the trip to the hospital.  When we finally arrived at 4:40pm I was 8cm and it was a quick and easy time to the finale at 6:50pm when Keenan Matthew was born!

He is our smallest baby and what I guess we should call 8lb 5oz (it was officially 8lb 4.6oz and I'm not sure how that is rounded).  20.5 inches long and I think 14" head circumference.

The hospital staff treated us so well.  The visitation rules were a little strict because Ashburn has been hit with some very nasty germs and just this week they cut down on visitors.  I was okay with that, because I didn't want to bring home any extra germs.  The staff worked with us to help us get discharged 25 hours after he was born and I made it home in time to give Isabel a hug on her real 2nd birthday.  We celebrated that on the 20th - pictures to follow later. 

The kids love Keenan SO much!  They still have lingering colds and we were incredibly careful at first as to their contact with him - which was hard for them, but they understood.  We have become more lenient and they are so happy to finally have the chance to be close to their little brother.  Keenan is one lucky kid! 

Keenan Matthew

No comments: